Thursday 18 May 2017

Year 6 Decorate Homes

Some Year 6 pupils have been set a mathematical challenge of designing and decorating a home. The pupils have been given a floor plan, an individual budget and family requirements and using these, they have to purchase suitable flooring, paint, furniture and anything else they will need. Their skills of calculating area and using conversions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are really being put to the test as the children use iPads to research costings and calculate what they can actually afford. 

I'm enjoying this challenge because I have to constantly check I can afford to buy a certain type of flooring or paint by using my mathematical skills of calculation.
Danny, Larch

This is challenging because I have to use a lot of maths skills that we have learnt throughout the year and there is a lot of conversion involved. 
Deborah, Redwood 


No comments:

Post a Comment