Monday 27 November 2017

Willow Class Star Writer

Our star writer in Willow this week is our very own future J K Rowling, Isabelle Munford. It is no surprise given the absolutely incredible diary entry she produced from the perspective of Goji (quite a difficult task considering Goji is a cat!)

Isabelle had us hooked throughout her diary entry, using a range of sentence lengths to build suspense, asking rhetorical questions to engage her reader and even managing to thread an impeccable sense of humour throughout! My particular favourite cat pun being when Goji sang 'catellujah' at the end! You oozed originality. 

I enjoyed this piece of writing because it allowed me to be free with my creativity and embed humour throughout. I especially liked my ending, because it included some funny phrases - Isabelle 




Thank you for making your writing a pleasure to read Isabelle, I know the rest of year 5 appreciated having your work as an example model text! Purr-fect. Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment