Monday 7 November 2022

Year 5 & 6 Maths Challenge

 Maths Challenge - 07.11.22






Age old problems



 1. My age this year is a multiple of 8. Next year it will be a multiple of 7. How old am I? 


2. Last year my age was a square number. Next year it will be a cube number. How old am I? How long must I wait until my age is both a square number and a cube?


 3. My Mum was 27 when I was born. 8 years ago she was twice as old as I shall be in 5 years’ time. How old am I now?



 The sum of four whole numbers is 23. The difference between the smallest and the largest number is 6. All four numbers are different. What could the four numbers be? 

Challenge: Find all the possible answers to this question.




Consecutive numbers that add to make 18: 

5, 6, 7                            3, 4, 5, 6


Which consecutive numbers add up to make 45?

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment