Thursday 4 May 2023

Year 5 Stay and Learn

 Year 5 Stay and Learn


This morning, Year 5 had their final Stay and Learn of the year! The focus was writing. We discussed writing expectations, the writing journey and what literacy lessons look like. 

The children then worked with their parents to create a word bank of descriptive phrases (including metaphors, similes and personification) linked to a setting in 'The Highwayman.' Everyone showed impressive reciprocity when working in their pairs and groups. 

The children (and their parents) came up with some excellent vocabulary that they will be able to use in their writing next week!




“It was really fun having my mum here to help me with my work!” Zuriel, Willow



‘It was so much fun sharing ideas with my brother and getting him to join in with my work.’ Etana, Maple 

"It was amazing getting to impress my mum with my metaphors!" Varvara, Redwood


Here are the slides from the Stay and Learn today.


No comments:

Post a Comment